Every now and then I’m asked by someone how they can help me in the ministry. I’m always thankful for that and sometimes don’t even know what to say. The truth is, though, there is plenty people can do to help a rural, small church pastor, who is also a husband and a father of four.
It was Jesus Himself who said, “You have not because you ask not.” Right? Well consider this me asking. I’ll update this from time to time, but these are resources I’m looking to get in the near future or down the line to help me shepherd the flock of God which He has entrusted me with. If you could help with any of these, at any time, I’d be most grateful, and you could consider yourself supporting a fellow worker with the truth (3 John 8).
BOOKS AND MORE
- A Biblical Theology of the Old Testament by Roy Zuck, Eugene Merrill, and more.
- The Treasury of David (three volume commentary on the Psalms) by Charles Spurgeon
- The Gospel According to Moses: Theological and Ethical Reflections on the Book of Deuteronomy by Daniel Block
- Awake O Harp: A Devotional Commentary on the Psalms by William Varner
- Daniel’s Prophecy of the 70 Weeks by Alva McClain
- The Greatness of the Kingdom: An Inductive Study of the Kingdom of God by Alva McClain
- How I Love Your Torah, O LORD!: Studies in the Book of Deuteronomy by Daniel Block
- For the Glory of God: Recovering a Biblical Theology of Worship by Daniel Block
I will add and subtract from this list as needed. Thank you.